Colette Bernard was born and raised in Acadiana, the culturally rich region of south Louisiana that was inhabited by the Cajun and Creole people. Colette interned at the New Orleans Glassblowing and Printmaking studio under the guidance of Jeanie Blair throughout high school, who introduced her to many sculpture methods and inspired her to pursue a career in sculpture and performance art. Now she can be found in the sculpture studio at Pratt Institute in NYC, where she studies Sculpture and Integrated Practices on a scholarship and maintains a 3.6 GPA. Colette hosts a podcast available on all streaming platforms, "Clout by Colette", that focuses on interviewing young artists and providing them with a platform to speak about their practice.
Colette's art reflects her queer and southern identity, while also playing with reality versus virtual reality on the internet. Humor, pop culture, sexuality, and clean fabrication are very important patterns in her practice.
- Pratt Institute Presidential Merit Scholarship, $46,400 (2019-2021)
- Jim McDermid "Top Sculptor of PrattMWP" Scholarship and Award, $75 (2019)
- Pratt at Munson-Williams Proctor President’s list (2019)
- "Pratt Cat" Most School Involvement and Spirit Award
- Pratt at Munson-Williams Proctor Merit Scholarship $14,000 (2017-2019)
- Pratt at Munson-Williams Proctor Grant $7,780 (2017-2019)
- Pratt at Munson-Williams Proctor Endowed Scholarship $1,000 (2017-2019)
- Southern Syrian Lebanese American Federation Scholarship $3,000 (2017)
- McIlhenny Company (TABASCO® brand Pepper Sauce) $150 / year (2017-2021)
- Pratt at Munson-Williams Proctor President’s list (2019)
- Offer from Pratt Institute, Presidential Merit Scholarship $68,000 (2017)
-Bachelor of Fine Arts - Sculpture and Integrated Practices, Pratt Institute and Pratt at Munson Williams Proctor Art Institute. 3.6 GPA (Class of 2021)
- Quest for Light Alumni 2019. 9 Day Sculpture intensive with Sculpture Faculty, Daniel Buckingham: Visual Research at 8 Museums, 2 Industrial Tours: Airstream, Jackson Center OH, Goodyear Wingfoot Airship, Akron OH, Exhibited work: Kent State University, Kent OH, Alfred University, Alfred NY. Visited Artist Studios and bent Neon for project. March 2019.
-Certified by APCA, Association for the Promotion of Campus Activities 2018
- Bilingual in French and English
Studio / Shop Experience:
Great at Rhino6 CAD program, Magics, and 3D printing. General Adobe skills in Premiere, Photoshop, and Illustrator.Novice Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality skills.Quick at learning, great listener, follows instruction.
Trained with: Fabrication (digital and manual). Woodworking, metal working, forging, neon bending, glassblowing, lampworking, welding, mold making, mural designing and execution, hand and machine sewing.
Hosts a podcast available on all streaming platforms, "Clout by Colette", that focuses on interviewing young artists and providing them with a platform to speak about their practice.
-President of the 2018 PrattMWP Programming Board, 2017 Programming Board Vice President
-Sculpture Space Inc. Utica, New York. 29 th Annual Chairity Art Auction, Pratt MWP Sculpture Participant. Assisted in Facility set-up, Auctioning Art Work, Facility clean-up. Sept. 29, 2018.
-2020 Outdoor mural for Childrens Museum of Acadiana. Funded by a grant from the Lafayette Downtown Development Authority. 20 ft x 10 ft.
-2019 Podcast "Clout by Colette" is launched on all streaming platforms; focuses on interviewing young artists and providing them with a platform to speak about their practice.
- 2019 DAMAGED ART EXHIBITION: a student loan restoration project. "The Burden" sculpture on display. 98 Orchard Gallery, LES Manhattan, NYC.
- 2019 WELCOME CREATURE HALLOWEEN, production and fabricator for artist Danny Cole and Matt Schultz of Cage the Elephant.
-2019 Periphery Party, Pratt Painting Club group show in Pratt Institute's East Hall Gallery, "Clickbait" sculpture.
-2019 New Orleans Pride, public installation cosume, "Like" https://www.instagram.com/p/ByeQVgQH4Gp/
-2019 Pratt MWP Sophomore Exhibition, Munson Williams Proctor Museum of Art, Utica NY. Juried Exhibition of select Sophomore work from Pratt MWP. "Clickbait" installation series, series of molds, etc.
- 2019 PrattMWP group collaborative "Equinox Bracelets" Sculpture interview https://www.uticaod.com/news/20190422/prattmwp-students-light-up-grounds-with-sculpture
- 2019 Public Installation, "Clickbait", Palmer Park, Utica NY
-2018 NYC Pride, public installation costume, "Mother Gayture" https://www.instagram.com/p/BkfoNQnjvKz/
- 2018 Utica Public Library Art Show, Utica, NY.
- 2018 MILK x Gender Diaries: a Virtual Road Trip. #GenderDiaries .https://www.instagram.com/stories/highlights/17855395750225695/
-Art Handler for Aces High Creative. Moving, crating, install / take down crew, GALANTIS piece for Atlantic Records.
- Woodshop monitor, Pratt Institute. Fall 2019. Spring 2020.
-Production, stage hands, tear down / set up crew, fabrication for A WELCOME CREATURE HALLOWEEN for artist Danny Cole and Matt Schultz of Cage the Elephant. 2019.
-Head Instructor, Metal department of the New Orleans Glassblowing and Printmaking Studio nonprofit. Summer 2019.
-Studio monitor, Pratt MWP Sculpture Studios. 2017-2019.
-Campus Tour Guide, Pratt at Munson-Williams Proctor Art Institute. 2018.
-Internship, New Orleans Glassblowing and Printmaking Studio. Artist assistance, gallery management aid, art handler, manual labor, etc. Summers 2015-2017.
- Retail experience at Designer Shoe Warehouse, 2017, and Wag dog walker, 2018.
Daniel Buckingham, Professor and head of Sculpture and Integrated Practices department, Pratt at Munson Williams Proctor. Alfred University MFA alumni. Phone: (315) 525-5922 or Email: email@example.com
Jeanie Blair, Owner and management at New Orleans Glassblowing and Printmaking Studio, former employer. Parsons School of Design alumni. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 504-529-7279 OR ask to speak to Paxson (General manager) if Jeanie is not available.
Yasunari Izaki, Professor and head of the Pratt Fine Arts Woodshop. Pratt Institute MFA alumni. email@example.com